Thought id post a small number of Linux diagnostic tools, hopefully help any recent Linux converts.
The goal of the Linux Diagnostic Tools project is to create better tools for diagnosing Linux systems. Diagnosing systems means more than running diagnostic tests; we’re also concerned with first failure data capture, error log analysis, preventative testing, and system inventory gathering.
- servicelog – A log for maintaining data relevant to events that may require system
- ppc64-diag – Platform diagnostics for ppc64 systems.
- sysfsutils – Utilities that work with sysfs including libsysfs, a library that creates an API for working with the device tree, and systool, an application that lists buses, device classes, and system devices.
- sysdiag – A system diagnostic command-line utility.
- lsvpd – A utility to list device Vital Product Data (VPD) information.
- First Failure Data Capture – Project to work on improving Linux error events, including error messaging and error event automation.